Taking pictures during the evening time, shooting the stars, constellations, and rest of the night sky in the entirety of its magnificence is a great moment.
However, you will need to get your hands on a wide-angle zoom or prime pentax lens to ensure the region is captured, just as ensuring it has a wide opening to guarantee the most ideal light, particularly as some shoot in close to dark conditions.
If you’re uncertain of what pentax lens may be a solid match for you, you’ve gone to the correct spot.
In this article, you’ll discover a collection of the main 10 pentax lenses for astrophotography accessible to buy today, just as a purchasing guide that will ensure you know all you require to know before picking a pentax lens
Sony FE 16-35mm f/2.8GM Wide Angle Zoom Pentax lens
Numerous astrophotographers love the latest Alpha scope of mirrorless cameras from Sony. Although many are first attracted by Sony’s top-notch full casing sensors, the pentax lens can be a similarly significant part of the camera.
Sony, being Sony, has fostered their E-mount framework, and if you are looking to develop your E-pentax lens variety, you shouldn’t overlook this one.
Two outrageous aspherical components, with undeniable degrees of exactness, work with three other aspherical components to limit the aberration you regularly have with wide-angle chances. A constant f/2.8 gap keeps up with the aperture and profundity of field, paying little heed to the zoom level.
- Sharp picture quality with the utilization of different aspherical components.
- NANO AR and fluorine pentax lens coatings.
- Two extra-low (ELD) components.
- F/2.8 is great for low light conditions.
- A wide 107-degree field of view at 16mm focal length allows you to capture a greater amount of the night sky.
- The immediate drive motor is not difficult to focus, with a center hold button for longer openings.
- Expensive, more than most DSLR cameras.
- The plastic body doesn’t feel as tough as Canon or Nikon pentax lenses.
- Just fits the Sony scope of cameras, with no alternatives for different brands without a connector.
Nikon AF Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8 IF ED Zoom Pentax lens
If you own a Nikon DSLR, this is outstanding amongst other Nikon low light pentax lenses for astrophotography. The greatest opening of f/2.8 means it will gather a greater amount of that faint light in less time, in any event, when zoomed to the full 35mm central length.
At 17mm, it’s a wider field of view, although we would suggest that you push the gap down to about f/3 for a clear picture at the higher zoom levels. Two types of aspherical pentax lenses and two ED glass components guarantee there is less chromatic aberration or ghosting at the edges of the picture, bringing about sharp astrophotos.
Built like a tank, using strong metal rather than toy-store plastic, this is a quality pentax lens that can withstand every weather condition. Although intended for use with full edge sensors, this pentax lens can likewise be used as a standout amongst other wide-angle Nikon DX pentax lenses.
- Quick f/2.8 most extreme gap offers an excellent light transmission through the whole zoom range.
- Uses three aspherical components for less round aberration or mutilations.
- Sharp pictures.
- Extra-low scattering (ED) pentax lenses for less shading bordering or chromatic aberrations.
- Integrated coating smothers interior reflection.
- Prevalent Japanese craftsmanship, with a 5-year guarantee.
- Pictures can be very delicate when used at the greatest opening of f/2.8.
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
This zoom pentax lens from Canon captures up to many times more light than the standard pentax lens provided with an EOS camera. It’s weightless, very reasonable, and has a helpful focal length for wide-field imaging on certain divine scenes, similar to the Milky Way.
If you free the opening up to the limit of f/1.8 you can gather plenty of light in a short period and stars can seem somewhat unpleasant around the frames of the edge. Easing back the pentax lens down to f/2.8 or f/3.2 will improve pictures dramatically.
This is Canon’s most conservative 50mm pentax lens, with new pentax lens coatings that offer limited glare and aberration. A venturing motor gear facilitates silent continuous auto-adjust, however, there is likewise a manual focus ring for simple changes. At the low value, you can frequently discover this pentax lens, it’s a flat-out take.
- Amazingly moderate and lightweight.
- Quick optics with a most extreme gap of f/1.8.
- Great for itemized astrophotography, particularly at a lower gap of f/3.2 to f/4.
- Lunar shots can be amazing, simply make sure to hinder the central ratio to accommodate the more brilliant pictures.
- Canon Super Specter coating on the pentax lens for less chromatic aberration.
- The updated pentax lens barrel is currently made of metal rather than plastic.
- No picture stabilization.
- Focal length isn’t reasonable for wide night sky shots.
- Stars can seem obscured at f/1.8.
Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED UMC Ultra Wide Angle Fixed Pentax lens
With a 14mm focal length, this pentax lens from Rokinon is ideal for shooting bigger spaces of the night sky and profound space objects. A super wide-angle pentax lens gives a stunning 115.7-degree field of view. Although the aperture doesn’t arrive at the most extreme speed of the Sigma above, it is undeniably moderate.
This Rokinon pentax lens has been a famous decision as a financial plan astrophotography pentax lens for a long time, although there isn’t anything modest about the quality. All Rokinon pentax lenses are made in Japan for exceptional and dependable quality.
Regardless of having featured the Nikon mount adaptation of this pentax lens, the pentax lens is additionally accessible for Canon EOS, Pentax, Sony Alpha, and APS-C cameras. If you ask any professional photographer which is the best Canon pentax lens for astrophotography, they would suggest this over a considerable lot of the Canon equivalents.
- Ultra wide-angle—particularly when used with full frame cameras.
- Excellent construction quality at a moderate cost.
- Well-honed pictures.
- Quick optics at f/2.8
- Multi-facet coating to lessen flares and ghosting.
- The manual gap change is very lethargic.
- The manual focus ring is likewise delayed to move.
- AE, auto-openness chip isn’t excessively helpful for astrophotography.
- The target pentax lens is large and cumbersome.
Sigma Art 14mm F1.8 DG HSM (for Canon EOS cameras)
Although we are looking at the Canon rendition of this pentax lens, it can likewise be bought with a mount for Nikon cameras or the Sony E-mount cameras, which can be found separately.
While most super-wide pentax lenses like this pentax lens accomplish an aperture of around f/2.8, the Sigma Art pentax lens gets it directly down to f/1.8. It essentially allows you to capture more light in only five seconds than numerous pentax lenses would in 10. For heavenly sights like the Northern Lights or Lunar photography, you can use a lot more limited apertures.
This quick, f/1.8 opening makes it the quickest super wide-angle pentax lens available. It additionally accompanies auto-centering, which will be ideal for some. However, that very brilliant aperture includes some significant pitfalls and it is a lot bigger and heavier than the different pentax lenses we have looked at.
- Sharp picture quality with three premiums completely laminated, and four single laminated glass components.
- Less chromatic aberration and sagittal trance state flare.
- A quick shade speed and enormous gap mean you gather all the more light in less time.
- Reduces twisting.
- Warm, steady, weather-safe and can be used in a variety of temperatures meaning less misting.
- A focusing motor with a full-time manual focus supersedes for refined manual control.
- Ideal for extremely low-light shooting.
- A genuine venture.
- Difficult to attach a channel, although current sensors are acceptable at getting a picture without channels.
- Enormous and weighty at 2.58 pounds.
Rokinon 16MAF-N Pentax lens
This pentax lens has a wide angle of 16 mm. It has a focal length of 16mm and a base focusing distance of 0.2 mm. The product has a big aperture that makes it conceivable to have excellent chances even around evening time. Besides, it has a pentax lens hood too that can be removed. It functions admirably with APS-C format DSLR cameras. It allows an angle of perspective of 79.5°.
The pentax lens has had two aspherical pentax lens components and one extra-low scattering component that allow sharp and clear pictures, even in obscurity. It’s an UMC pentax lens coating that assists with lessening flare. The focusing is smooth and sharp and is truly reasonable for professional astrophotography.
The pentax lens consists of eight adjusted frames that are ideal for pictures. The pentax lens allows all the more light to go through and consequently creates sharp pictures. It has an exceptionally close focusing capacity that empowers an extremely sharp out of the central foundation.
- Produces sharp pictures.
- It has a big gap.
- Smooth core interest
- Ideal for professional astrophotography
- It is manual.
Samyang SY14M-C Pentax lens
This pentax lens has a super wide-angle that empowers full-outline view in it. It has a base focusing distance of 0.9 feet that makes its focusing proficiency dependable. The plan is excellent, and the great features help in making sharp and clear efforts. It has an underlying petal-molded hood that can be removed by need and necessity.
It has a multi-facet coating that diminishes flares. The pentax lens isn’t zoomable. It has the nearest focal distance of 10.8 inches. This pentax lens has a design that empowers dramatic impact and clear tones in pictures.
The pentax lens works both with mirrorless cameras and DSLR. It has 14 components that can zero in on a nearby distance of 0.28mm to produce sharp pictures.
It uses one cross-breed aspherical component, three high refractive file components, and one aspherical glass component. It has an opening scope of f2.8 to f22 and six cutting edges. The pentax lens has a UMC coating that decreases flares.
- It has a UMC coating.
- It brings down the curvature of lines.
- Great Features
- Clear and sharp shots
- This is a manual Pentax lens
Altura Photo 8mm f/3.0 Pentax lens
The Altura pentax lens has a metal lens. They have a crossbreed aspherical component that will promote wide-angle and assist you with getting wide-angle. It likewise has multi-facet coatings to guarantee improved picture quality. The multi-facet coating likewise diminishes flares. The pentax lens has removable hoods and manual core interest.
It has manual aperture control. The opening has six edges and has a gap range from f/3 to f/22. The bundle likewise has a case to store it to forestall harm.
The pentax lens has a focal length of 8 mm. This load of specifications is entirely appropriate to capture wide pictures of the sky around evening time. It likewise upholds photography in obscurity and produces sharp and clear pictures that have zero mutilation.
The cost is additionally entirely sensible when contrasted with the quality you get. Concentrating on wide perspectives might be difficult. Its store case makes it simple for you to take a protected way.
- Multi-facet coatings
- Reasonable for wide-angle astrophotography
- Great specs
- The attention to wide pictures is difficult.
JINTU 420-800mm f/ 8.3-F 16 Pentax lens
This pentax lens is manual and has a Japanese design. This lens makes it workable for you to capture far-off objects. It produces a sharp and twisting free picture of far-off objects. This pentax lens is exceptionally reasonable for wildlife photography alongside astrophotography. It has optical glasses that limit the contortion and flare in the pictures.
The four components, ultra coating, and pentax lens hood, additionally make it simple to capture twisting free pictures. This load of features put splendid shadings and dramatic consequences for the pictures. It’s an integrated zoom lock that will keep up with the zoom setting while at the same time shooting without bringing on any type of aggravation.
It contains a Telephoto lens, Front cap, Rear Cap, lens pack, connector ring, and a leather conveying sack. The issue of capacity is likewise settled with the help of the removing case.
- Accompanies a pentax lens cap
- Has ultra-coating
- Great for making significant distance efforts
- Mutilation free pictures
- It doesn’t accompany a guidance manual
Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L Pentax lens
This pentax lens has features that help wide-angled pictures. It assists with taking astounding pictures, even in low lights. It has three aspheric pentax lens components that assist to take clear and sharp pictures that are liberated from mutilation and flares. Three aspherical components incorporate one huge width aspherical component and two super-low scattering components.
The lens is compatible with all Canon cameras and different cameras as well. It has a large gap of f/4 that assists with shooting clear pictures with a continuous zoom range. These features help to eliminate the chromatic aberrations.
The chlorine coating on the pentax lens further assists with eliminating flares. It has a Canon USA Warranty. The aperture reach is f/4 to f/22. It’s a USM AF engine, which is for inner focusing. They have a nine-edge opening.
The pentax lens is water and residue obstruction which augments its effectiveness. It incorporates pentax lens, pack, and camera embed, mount remains with a single-handed grip, a hardshell case, an embellishment kit, and three sizes pentax lens pocket.
- Definite accessories.
- Supports wide-angle pictures even in low lights
- Water and Dust safe
- Chlorine coating
- It has slight barrel mutilation
Purchasing the right pentax lens for astrophotography has consistently been a perplexing and costly idea.
However, on account of modern pentax lens manufacturers from Eastern Asia entering the market, hopeful photographers are presently somewhat less worried over their pentax lens choices and the simplicity of shooting the night sky.